My family and I had been contemplating for a while whether or not we should go on an adventure in Romania, my home country.
When my mom came over from London, we finally packed our bags, fueled up the car and hit the road.
So on the 12th of July 2017, the first dot on the map was Brașov – one of the most visited cities in Transylvania.
We wandered around the city being absolute tourists, with a feeling of nostalgia floating around us.
When my sister and I were little, we would impatiently wait to go on holiday to the mountainside of Romania, so this trip brought back memories.
If you ever visit Brașov, be sure to get a donut from Glazehaze. The white chocolate and coconut one is amazing.
Top 5 things to do in Brașov
• Visit the Black Church, which is one of the largest medieval churches in Europe.
• Gaze at the beautiful architecture in the Council Square (Piata Sfatului)
• Take a trip up to the “Hollywood”-inspired sign
• Enjoy a cup of coffee at one of the many amazing pubs and cafés in the Old Town
• Visit Dracula’s Castle – the Bran Castle, which is at 30 kilometers away from Brasov
We ended the day with one of the most beautiful rainbows I’ve ever seen and prepared for our next stop – Sibiu.
I hope you enjoyed the photos and be sure to keep an eye on my blog for a new post about our next destination.