Whenever I saw Instagram posts about this teatox I always thought to myself “It’s just a tea, what does it do that it’s so popular?”
It was the end of November when I was scrolling through the Superdrug website in search for new makeup products, but somehow I bumped into the BooTea detox and decided to give it a go.
Here is everything you need to know.
When I bought them online they were on sale, which meant the 28-day detox was priced as the 14-day one.
What you get
The 28-day teatox comes with 28-day tea bags and 14-night cleanse tea bags. You should drink a cup of tea in the morning for these 28 days and along with a nighttime tea bag once every other night.
You leave the tea bag for three minutes.
I went to their website and did a little bit of research. They do mention that “Bootea is not a magic formula and for good results, you should exercise regularly and eat well.”
The tea is all natural flavoured and it has no artificial colours or preservatives.
The Daytime tea consists of Chinese Oolong Tea, Yerba Mate, Ginger, Lemongrass, Fennel Seeds, Dandelion Leaf, Siberian Ginseng, Nettle Leaf and Gotu Kola.
- Chinese Oolong Tea contains caffeine which helps with weight loss, many vitamins such as A, B, C and E and it reduces obesity and controls the metabolism.
- Ginger is known for lowering the cholesterol levels and helps fasten your metabolism.
- Lemongrass boots energy and fennel seeds help with bloating.
- People use Siberian ginseng to improve athletic performance and the ability to do concentrate when doing work.
The Bedtime Tea consists of Peppermint Leafs, Psyllium Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Liquorice Root, Burdock Root, Hawthorn Leaf and Desiccated Coconut.
- Peppermint is known as the “stomach healer” as it helps with all the stomach and digestive problems and so do the Psyllium Seeds.
- Liquorice tea detoxifies the body and also helps with hair strength.
- Burdock root purifies blood and helps combat cancer.
I have followed the 14-day teatox and after that, I drank it whenever I felt bloated or needed a cleanse. I didn’t use any sweetener as I didn’t mind the taste of the tea. But if you want it more sweet ar a bit sourer you can still add honey or lemon and it will not change the tea’s effect on your body. The nighttime tea was my favourite, it has a really nice peppermint taste.
To be honest it does work. I feel good after drinking this tea, less bloated and I also feel that my digestive system has been working better ever since.
Aside from drinking the tea, you have to eat well and exercise, which I can’t say I did entirely, but I still felt a change. However, I didn’t lose weight as I mentioned before you have to keep a healthy lifestyle as well. I needed my daily dose of caffeine and sugar to make it through university deadlines and the overall stress.
If you want a quick cleanse, and a boost of metabolism, I recommend this tea.
I think it is worth the money and I will also repurchase it. Plus they even have limited edition mojito, spiced apple-candy cane and berry flavours.