Officially out of the office – I am in dire need of some time off to recharge my creative batteries, sip on some cocktails by the beach and explore new places. And so begins my holiday to Rome… But first, it’s time to pack.
Whenever I go on holiday, in the past couple of years I’ve been trying to bring only the necessities with me and cut down on the amount of products I pack. I am tired of carrying heavy bags with me to the airpot and dragging around pouches and kits filled to the brim with beauty products.
Most of the time, I wasn’t even using half of the products I was taking with me – but just in case I needed it, I had to pack it. Serious overpacker right here but not anymore.
Now I only pack the essentials that I know for a fact that I’m using daily and are also versatile so I can achieve different looks just with a couple products.
So, here’s what’s in my makeup travel kit…
Psst, all products are linked for ease.
For the base
The Elf Halo Glow Liquid Filter has quickly claimed a spot in my makeup kit, be it for everyday or travel, so this one is definitely coming with me. Find out if it’s a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter here.
I love mixing it with the 17 Cosmetics Colour Glow Cream Blush for the ultimate glowy and natural flushed cheeks.
To brighten up the under eyes and mimic a lifted effect, I like dotting the Urban Decay Stay Naked Concealer.
Then, to contour, the Huda Beauty Tantour is a foolproof cream product that blends so easily and sculpts your face like a pro. Contour and bronzer sorted with just one product.
Powders & palettes
To set everything in place, I’ve falled in love with the By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder. It blurs your pores and sets your makeup instantly. It’s non-drying, formulated with hyaluronic acid and talc free.
I’ve raved and raved about the Benefit Cosmetics Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette for a long time now, but I can’t help it. It truly is THAT good. You’ve got everything in one place – from bronzing shades to blush and highlighter. It’s super ergonomic and perfect on the go.
Give me a mini palette with neutral eyeshadows and some sparkly pigments and I’ll be happy. The Huda Beauty Chocolate Brown Obsessions Palette has everything I need for a subtle makeup look during the day or a touch of drama in the evening.
Eyebrows & eyelashes
Thankfully, I have naturally bushy brows so they don’t need much work or styling. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Freeze is my go-to for setting them in place or achieving that feathered look.
If I need to fill in any spots, I reach for the Glossier Brow Flick, which has a great applicator for creating hair-like strokes.
Moving onto eyelashes, I have one holy grail product that I keep repuchasing and that’s the L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara. I can’t describe how full and voluminous it makes your eyelashes look. I love the brown version as it looks so natural and a bit softer while the black mascara intensifies and opens up your eyes.
All about the lips
Lastly, let’s talk about lips. Whether it’s summer or winter, I am a gloss lover. So most often than not, you’ll find me wearing a sparkly gloss on top of any lipstick.
So, these are the lip products I pack with me…
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner – The most perfect lip liner to exist on earth. I have the shade Iconic Nude and I wear it every day, no joke. I wear it alone, with lighter lipsticks dabbed in the centre of the lips, with a lip oil, or gloss. It’s a must-have, for sure.
- Kiko Milano 3D Hydra Lipgloss – When the sun shines on your lips, they are glowing. And when I say glowing, I mean glowing. I have shade 32 which is supposed to be a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk shade.
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Heat Luminiser and Plumper – Um, if you love full and juicy lips, you need this gloss. It stings but once you get used to it, it looks stunning. This cannot be missing from my travel makeup bag.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Slim Lipstick – Perfect red lips? Yes, please. I have to have a red lipstick with me just in case, even though I rarely wear bold shades anymore. But who knows, it might come in handy for a romantic dinner date.
- Elf Cosmetics Jelly Pop Juicy Gloss – Great for summer as it smells like watermelon, this sparkly gloss with hyaluronic acid and natural oils is nice for adding a bit of sparkle on the go.
If you are going on holiday anytime soon or are looking for new makeup products to try, I hope this inspired you and you found some goodies to add to your travel bag.
So… what do you think – I haven’t overpacked, right?
Now, I’m off to enjoy some tiramisu and pistachio ice cream and I’ll see you next week here on blog,